Graphical Issues

Now that my prototype was complete, I knew the direction that I wanted to take and how to implement it. However, a big issue I was facing was that the current map had a lot of overlapping walls and this caused the walls to display weird graphical errors. To fix this, I created a square and made a grid out of those squares and then later removed some walls to try to create the same maze.

I made some small changes to the map to make it more difficult for the player to locate the keys, in hopes that the player would actively explore the map. I also added more zombies to the map and later on, redistributed them around the map.

Afterwards, I revisited the pickups as I wanted that old PlayStation effect of the pickups bobbing on the spot. Once the player walked over the pickup it would play an audio clip signifying that the player had indeed walked over the item.


Even though I had keys in the game, they currently didn’t do anything other than bobbing on the spot, therefore I made it so that the player was able to collect the keys, and I wanted this to display on the screen, that way the player was aware that they had collected the key.


Comments

Popular Posts